Shen is set to graduate from Edmonton’s Harry Ainlay High School from the French Immersion (academic) Program in the spring of 2020. He spent his youth playing club soccer in Edmonton and one season in Montpellier France. After returning from a school exchange program in Spain during grade 11 Shen was a late season entry into his high school track program. After some degree of success he came to really enjoy all that track has to offer. He joined in with the Voléo Track club last spring and is set to compete this season under their banner and that of his High School.
Shen’s future goals include entering post secondary to achieve a degree in business and or sciences. He is looking forward to expanding on his track experience this year and is soon entering his first indoor meet followed by the 2020 outdoor season, aside from short sprints he is also attempting the rigorous challenge of training and running the 400m.
With the support of his teammates and coaches at Voléo Athletics Club Shen is sure to excel during this upcoming season.
Highlights from spring/summer 2019:
- Edmonton Metro High School Championships – Gold 100m, 200m and 4×100 relay (anchor)
- Provincial High School Championships – Gold 100m, 4×100 relay (anchor) and Silver 200m
- Caltaf Calgary – Gold 100m and 200m (named to team Alberta)
- Tri province Championships – Regina – Gold 100m, 4×100 relay (anchor) and Silver 200M
- Legion U18 Nationals (Nova Scotia) – Gold 4×100 relay (anchor), 6th place 100M and 5th 200M
- Top 10 Athletics Canada National Ranking U18
- 100m – PB – 10.94
- 200m – PB – 22.28